Biologist With A Twist: Dr. Carin Bondar

‘The Nature of Human Nature’ is almost here!!

Posted on April 28th, by Carin in Carin's Books. 10 comments

ohhhhhh it’s been a work in progress for over a year now…and it’s finally taking shape.  Here’s the gorgeous cover to my first book:

Think you can name an ‘exclusively human‘ behavior?  Think again!

Submit your ideas for uniquely human rituals (via email, twitter or comments on my blog), and you’ll be entered to win a free copy!  Yahoo!!!!!

10 Responses to “‘The Nature of Human Nature’ is almost here!!”

1. Justin says:

Sweepstakes are uniquely human, no?

• admin says:

good point Justin…I would agree that the concept of a lottery is unique. An abundance of resources awarded to a recipient…although the winner provided some resources for his/her chance to win. A sophisticated bartering system akin to other primates trading for food resources perhaps?

2. Anne says:

I like the juxtaposition of peacock and punk. You must have a really talented designer.

3. Petra says:

LOVE the cover – very clever.

As for the uniquely human activity, how about that humans cook their food? Or document their lives? Have a written language? (If I win, may I please have a *signed* copy?)

: ) P

4. Hege F. says:

Have you got an ISBN yet? I work at a Science Library and would like to order it :-)

5. Clem says:

Travel in space – and then photograph the Earth from its moon.

6. thewordofme says:

Hate their *mother-in-law, plant veggies and flowers i.e. …agriculture, bath regularly, make fire on purpose, make laws of conduct, religion, smelt metals, abstract thinking, make war on whole countries, far-flung trading, experiment on animals and other humans, constantly inventing stuff, totally destroy their own and others environment, write fictional stories, write, program computers, conceive and build computers, research and build atomic bombs, research and chart their whole histories…from ape to human, etc., etc..
    * I however do not hate my mother-in-law. :-)

• Carin says:

Awesome list Bill! I’m with you on many of these, although in the book I discuss ants who farm honeydew, and many animals bathe and go through complex cleaning and grooming rituals. You’ve got me pretty much everywhere else…especially the destruction part! I’m really glad you like your mother in law ;)

7. Are we the only animal that buries its dead and inscribes images of other animals on cave walls? Would love a copy of your book.